Two weeks ago you came across a sewing pin in a restaurant, a neat restaurant, mind you, that was set inside a historic house. You’re waiting for your vegan meal when you spot the pointy fiend on the floor. You pick it up to save someone’s foot and…wham! You’re transported through time and, what’s that? You’re getting married? Read the comments in that entry to see the endings people came up with for this pointed tale. (See what I did there?)
So let’s get to it. This week’s prompt. You’re at a movie theater, yours to describe. You got your tickets scanned with the beep-boop laser gun and you’re granted access into the dimly lit movie theatre hall. You’re waiting to go into your theatre room when a teenager comes out of a side bathroom and suddenly stares at you. He places himself in the middle of the hallway and spreads his arms out to either side, standing perfectly still, legs tightly together. Your eyes drift away in embarrassment and then drift back, assessing the situation. You sense he’s playing with you and waiting for a response. You don’t sense a threat. So you respond.
“Are you flying?” you ask, ever so bluntly.
The teenager shifts and you sense a crack of embarrassment seeping through his act. Clearly he didn’t expect you to confront his odd behavior and so politely.
“High as a kite,” he responds.
He lowers his arms, grins, and begins to walk away. He disappears, directly through a solid wall. You’re the only one who saw him, you realize, and the wall is still shimmering where he went through. You decide to follow, wondering what on earth just happened and what this guy’s deal is. The movie can wait for the moment…
So writers. What do you find? What happens? And more importantly, did you order me a pretzel? No butter or dairy, please. That vegan thing is real.
The rules are below. No winners/losers, per usual. I’m really curious to see the directions you’ll take with this. Pass the pretzel, wouldn’t you? You’re hogging it.
While you’re here, hit that subscribe button and stick around for awhile. We’d love to have you at Peregrine Arc. 🌷
- Keep it PG. Pretend your great Aunt Gertrude would read it and disinherit you if she smelled even the faintest whiff of impropriety.
- No word limit this week. Just please don’t try to out write L.M. Montgomery. I do need to sleep and eat.
- You can do descriptives, a story, whatever your imagination comes up with. Narratives might work best here but let your sparkly imagination be your guide.
- Repost on your blog to increase the fun! This is optional, but the more the merrier. I welcome the pingbacks. (They make me giddy.)
- Describe your outfit. I find it interesting what people wear to the movies. Some people dress to the nine’s like they used to back in the day, while others look they fell out of a laundry machine on spin cycle. You know what I mean?
You have until Friday, March 29th (11:59 pm, US EST) to make your post. Author reserves the right to approve and disapprove comments at her own discretion. I have been extending out the deadline farther to see if it helps writers. I look forward to reading your adventures. 😊