Smoothies are very quick to make and delicious. You don’t need a lot of items and hold that sugar, you crazy person. It’s not needed. Grab your frozen fruit, coconut milk, blender and let’s sashay!
- Frozen pineapple (a good handful of that gold)
- Two frozen bananas from The Jungle Book
- A handful of frozen strawberries with the stems and cores cut off
- About a cup or so of coconut milk. You can use soy or almond if you prefer. I’ve found coconut milk gives it a great flavor and sings the song of fruit.
- Toss the fruit into the blender
- Add in the coconut milk until it covers up your fruit more or less
- Blend. Stop the blender and use a spoon to shove down what hasn’t blended yet and repeat. You should see music notes of joy start coming out of the blender when it’s done.
- Serve and rejoice.
See? No ice, no sugar, no fancy powders needed. Frozen fruit is all you need and a little milk. You can do blueberries, raspberries, whatever you want. Experiment with ratios and even add some kale if you want. It’s fun to try.
When your fruit starts to go bad, throw it into the freezer. It cuts down on waste and you can use the fruit for smoothies later. Make sure the bananas are unpeeled first. I speak from experience…