Mr. Swinebottom and I have been cookin’. And we’re not cookin’ up trouble, at least not this time. Scurry on over and let’s see this masterpiece…
I found inspiration for this recipe and side here and here, but as usual tweaked it quite a bit and added my considerable flair. Let’s dive in.
The Things Needed in Order to Make Other Things
- Tortillas (you pick the size)
- Hummus is yummus of choice
- Kalamata olives taken from the fingers of a suspicious two year old (remove pits)
- Mushrooms harvested on a full moon near Hogwarts, the western side of the forest of course
- Couple of cloves of garlic. How’s that vampire clan been treating you lately?
- Mixed greens
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Dressing: EVOO, mustard, red wine vinaigrette, parsley, salt and pepper, sugar
- Candied walnuts
Now What to do With Said Things
- In a small frying pan borrowed from Rapunzel, toss in your minced garlic and sliced mushrooms with a bit of EVOO.
- Prepare the tortillas. Spread half of an open face tortilla with the hummus of your choice. Add in the mushroom and garlic combo once cooked. Add in a few greens and the olives. Fold over. You should be staring at a half moon of sorts.
- Using the same frying pan, heat one side of the tortilla and then the other. You want a nice toasting on either side. But don’t blink. These things can burn easily if you start daydreaming about the plot holes in your latest novel draft…
- Serve with a nice salad: mixed greens with sliced strawberries and crumbled candied walnuts. Ready for the dressing? I know you can do it.
- In a small bowl or cup, add in some EVOO, a dollop of mustard, some red wine vinegarette and some of that parsley. Mix well with a fork and taste as you go. The ratios are up to you and your taste. Add a pinch of sugar to help sweeten it and curb the mustard taste from taking over. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over your wonderful salad and serve.
- I added in some sliced apple as a side and used them to clean up any leftover salad dressing on my plate. Delicious!
Let me know how it goes and if it helps you edit Chapter 42. Cheers!