Mr. Swinebottom and I have been cookin’. And we’re not cookin’ up trouble, at least not this time. Scurry on over and let’s see this masterpiece…
The Things Needed in Order to Make Other Things
- Tortillas (you pick the size)
- Hummus is yummus of choice
- Kalamata olives taken from the fingers of a suspicious two year old (remove pits)
- Mushrooms harvested on a full moon near Hogwarts, the western side of the forest of course
- Couple of cloves of garlic. How’s that vampire clan been treating you lately?
- Mixed greens
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Dressing: EVOO, mustard, red wine vinaigrette, parsley, salt and pepper, sugar
- Candied walnuts
Now What to do With Said Things
- In a small frying pan borrowed from Rapunzel, toss in your minced garlic and sliced mushrooms with a bit of EVOO.
- Prepare the tortillas. Spread half of an open face tortilla with the hummus of your choice. Add in the mushroom and garlic combo once cooked. Add in a few greens and the olives. Fold over. You should be staring at a half moon of sorts.
- Using the same frying pan, heat one side of the tortilla and then the other. You want a nice toasting on either side. But don’t blink. These things can burn easily if you start daydreaming about the plot holes in your latest novel draft…
- Serve with a nice salad: mixed greens with sliced strawberries and crumbled candied walnuts. Ready for the dressing? I know you can do it.
- In a small bowl or cup, add in some EVOO, a dollop of mustard, some red wine vinegarette and some of that parsley. Mix well with a fork and taste as you go. The ratios are up to you and your taste. Add a pinch of sugar to help sweeten it and curb the mustard taste from taking over. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over your wonderful salad and serve.
- I added in some sliced apple as a side and used them to clean up any leftover salad dressing on my plate. Delicious!
Let me know how it goes and if it helps you edit Chapter 42. Cheers!