Last week you received a mysterious letter about a dinner guest arriving at six. The guest was yours to invent, along with building the anticipation and laying out the setting. The results were pretty humorous with some unique timing and guests who showed up at the end. I appreciate everyone participating and encourage you to take a look at other’s takes you can find in the entries’ comments. Together, we can spread the joy of writing and dig in the garden of imagination. 🌷
For this week’s prompt, I want you to imagine you are a thief. Whatever motive you have, good, bad, or both, is up to you. Whatever setting and condition the safe is in is also up to you. It could be underwater, in a mine, in a delapidated mansion…Take the wheel of literature and drive us there!
But here’s the twist: you don’t get what’s inside the safe. Do you crack it and the contents are missing? Or do you lose your nerve and get caught? Ponderings. Take it and fly and add a psychological twist for $1000, Alex.
The rules are below. No winners/losers, per usual. We all just want to see your spin on this one. Pass the crowbar, would you?
While you’re here, hit that subscribe button and stick around for awhile. We’d love to have you at Peregrine Arc. 🦉
- Keep it PG. Pretend your great Aunt Gertrude would read it and disinherit you if she smelled even the faintest whiff of impropriety.
- No word limit this week. Just please don’t try to out write Shakespeare. I do need to sleep and eat.
- You can do descriptives, a story, whatever your imagination comes up with. Narratives might work best here but let your sparkly imagination be your guide.
- Keep it clean. Remember Aunt Gertrude. Humor is optional but nice.
- Repost on your blog to increase the fun! This is optional, but the more the merrier. I welcome the pingbacks.
- Remember the psychological twist at the end…
You have until Friday, February 8th (11:59 pm, US EST) to make your post. Author reserves the right to approve and disapprove comments at her own discretion. I look forward to reading your adventures. 😊