EqaLast week you were told you were a thief, attempting to crack open a safe. Motive, scene and setting were yours to create. But the twist was you actually never get any of the contents of the safe, whatever you imagined them to be. But why? How? What happened? Well, take a gander in the comments of that entry and you’ll see why. Creativity abounds! 😉
For this week’s prompt, we’re tipping our caps to Valentine’s Day, but with our usual twist at Peregrine Arc.
You are a business professional, an entrepreneur, who just purchased a very old, abandoned hotel. You have big plans to renovate this hotel back to its former glory and you’re doing what work you can solo to save money. In the middle of cleaning one morning, you find a stack of undelivered letters in the cubby holes behind the front desk. They’re brittle, addressed in cursive and…you can hear whispers coming from the paper. Or at least you think you do. And unlike the rest of the hotel, the envelopes are clean. No dust has settled on them and you strongly suspect they’re love letters by the red ribbon tied delicately around them. Okay, writers. Show us: what exactly do you do?
The rules are below. No winners/losers, per usual. I’m really curious to see the directions you’ll take with this. Pass the disinfectant, wouldn’t you?
While you’re here, hit that subscribe button and stick around for awhile. We’d love to have you at Peregrine Arc. 🦉💌
- Keep it PG. Pretend your great Aunt Gertrude would read it and disinherit you if she smelled even the faintest whiff of impropriety.
- No word limit this week. Just please don’t try to out write Dostoyevsky. I do need to sleep and eat.
- You can do descriptives, a story, whatever your imagination comes up with. Narratives might work best here but let your sparkly imagination be your guide.
- Repost on your blog to increase the fun! This is optional, but the more the merrier. I welcome the pingbacks.
- Describe your hotel. I want to feel the dust settle on my nose as I peer around, you know? And don’t feel it has to be an American or European hotel. It could be Asian or something else entirely.
You have until Friday, February 15th (11:59 pm, US EST) to make your post. Author reserves the right to approve and disapprove comments at her own discretion. I look forward to reading your letter adventures. 😊
8 thoughts on “Creativity Contest: The Mysterious Love Letters (Closed)”
Fun, fun, and more fun.
Your enthusiasm and spark increase my own! 😁
Reblogged this on Peregrine Arc and commented:
Don’t forget to join in! 😊