Hello there. It’s been quite a week. It’s time for some good food. I give you a gift from…me. An Arcian specialty. Let me know if it helps your writing and gets your fingers twitching to finally kill off that annoying side character of yours.
Chef’s knife at the ready? Now, now…Kill your character later, after you’re done chopping the vegetables. Priorities. Let’s begin. 🔪
What Not to Steal From the Store
- 1 sunshine yellow squash
- 1 verdant zucchini. These vegetables are so versatile.
- 1 beautiful white onion found in the Mines of Moria
- 1lb fettuccini noodles that yell at you in Italian
- Hummus, around 2 cups
- A handful of spinach or mixed salad greens
- 2 cloves of garlic; more if you’re still having that pesky vampire clan problem
- Vegan butter, a smidgen
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt, so fine
- Freshly ground black pepper, blacker than Wuthering Height’s moody moors…
And Now we Cook!
- Cook your noodles according to the directions. Prep a pan with some EVOO and add in your diced onion and garlic. Let that shimmy for awhile until the onions are as transparent as Casper himself. Add in your diced zucchini and yellow squash. Season with the sea salt and pepper as you go. Add some of the vegan butter to make the vegetables sing All the Colors of the Wind.
- Now here, you have a choice. If you want a thick creamy hummus sauce, start adding that stuff in. I used about two cups in total, adding the last of it at the end when I mixed in the pasta. If you want a more watery hummus, mix the hummus in a bowl with a little water and stir with a fork. Either way, add it to the pan and sprinkle some red pepper flakes, salad greens and dill in there. Once the greens cook down (less than a minute) and the flavors are line dancing together, we are done.
- Combine with the pasta noodles and let everything sing and glow. You’re done and this dish is out of here and into your belly.
This dish is higher in fat than my usual recipes, due to the EVOO, the vegan butter and the hefty amount of hummus used. You can use vegetable broth instead of EVOO at any time and the butter is optional but does add a lot of flavor. The hummus you can use less of as well. It’s up to you, your taste buds and if you have room for more cardio in your schedule.
Everything in moderation, Arcians. Excuse me while I go have thirds. Keep on writing. Ker-kaw!