This book tag was created by Princess of Paperback on YouTube. I found it on Books, Baking and Blogging. I’m not quite to the point of my YouTube channel being up and running yet, so I’m doing a blog. Consider yourself tagged if you’d like; my answers are below. 🌹
I provided links for all my books in case you’re interested in checking them out. Cheers. 😊
Here are the questions:
- Laying in Bed – a book you could/have read in a day Any book by Mary Downing Hahn. I love her young reader ghost stories.
- Snacking – a guilty pleasure book Any kind of “based on a true story” haunted house/ghost story book. Love them. I even have one that’s just a series of full spread photos of haunted houses or places mixed in with stories and interviews.
- Netflix – a series you want to start I need to finish the Abhorsen (Old Kingdom) series by Garth Nix. Fantastic. Give it a read! It even has a Disreputable Dog in it. 😂
- Deep Clean – a book that’s been on your TBR for ages The Ragwitch, by Garth Nix. I’ve started it a few times (it’s a good book) but never seem to finish it. I don’t know why.
- Animal Crossing – a book you recently bought because of hype None that I can think of since Harry Potter. I buy my books used, typically and don’t usually follow hypes or trends. I quote 21 Pilots: “Don’t believe the hype.” I do want to read the sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird. That was one hype I was interested in, but still haven’t read it.
- Productivity – a book you learned from or that had an impact on you My Daily Bible. I got it free from a garage sale years ago and it takes you through the Bible in a year. It’s part of my new year’s resolution to read it more regularly. So far, I’m doing pretty good! 😉👍
- Facetime – a book you were gifted The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, by Anne Bronte. Recently finished. It was a shocking book for its time and many of its themes (alcoholism, the treatment of women, the pitfalls of patriarchy, lack of protection for women and narcissists) are still applicable to today. Bravo to Anne for writing this. You go, girl. 👏 👏👏
- Self Care – what is one thing you have done recently to look after yourself? Book wise? I’m reading through the Bronte books slowly; I’m onto Agnes Grey now. I restarted it after reading about a third of it sometime last year or so.
- BONUS – name a book coming out soon Oh, boy…think, think, think. I’ve been in classic literature land for a long time, aka everyone’s dead and their books have long been out. Know of a good one? Leave a suggestion below for me.
Leave a link in the comments below if you’d like me to read your answers. Take care! 🏷️