I’m experimenting with these contest things, trying to think of ways to get creativity flowing, imaginations growing and neurotransmitter reward paths triggered. Er, I mean, I want you to have fun. Right? Right!
So this week, I want you to imagine you come across a treasure chest. The setting and circumstances are yours to invent. But you need to tell the reader what’s inside…eventually. Build up a little intensity; spice it with anticipation or season with mystery. Do your thing and we’ll read it. We’re looking forward to what the treasure chest reveals for you.
The rules are below. No winners/losers this week; we’re just swimming in the sea of creativity. Pass the conch shell, would you? I need to sharpen my pencil.
While you’re here, hit subscribe and stick around for awhile. We’d love to have you.
- Keep it PG. Pretend your great aunt Gertrude would read it and take back your Christmas gifts if she smelled even the faintest whiff of impropriety.
- No word limit this week. Just please don’t try to out write Tolstoy. I do need to sleep and eat.
- You can do descriptives, a story, whatever your imagination comes up with. Narratives might work best here but let your imagination be your guide.
- Keep it clean. Remember Aunt Gertrude. Humor is optional but nice.
- Repost on your blog to increase the fun! This is optional, but the more the merrier. I welcome the pingbacks.
You have until Friday, January 25th (11:59 pm, US EST) to make your post. Author reserves the right to approve and disapprove comments at her own discretion. I look forward to reading your adventures. 😊
22 thoughts on “Creativity Contest: We’re Going Treasure Hunting (Closed)”
Reblogged this on Chelsea Ann Owens and commented:
Treasure chest prompt? You got it!
Visit The Great Peregrine Arc’s site to read her story prompt idea and fly away with it!
Hello. I have had a go.
This was absolutely amazing and I hope you consider developing it further one day (short story, novel, children’s novel or perhaps a picture book?) What adventure!
I’m excited for this one. Thanks for doing this. 🙂
I’m excited you’re excited! 😁 Thank you.
Reblogged this on Peregrine Arc and commented:
There’s still time to take a crack at this excellent writing prompt. Two writers took us on adventures and their links are below. Cheers!
I thought I would have some fun, so here’s my take on your prompt: https://distractedpastor.blog/2019/01/23/treasure-somonka/
Thanks for the fun!
Thank you! This was amazing. What a twist. 😂
This was a fun prompt. Here’s mine: https://michaelsfishbowl.com/2019/01/24/his-treasure/
I was immediately transported and would love to see it developed further if you’re so inclined to one day. Everyone go read his entry! Thanks for participating!! 😊😊😊
I enjoyed all of these entries. Lots of talented writers.
I agree and agree some more.