I’m experimenting with these contest things, trying to think of ways to get creativity flowing, imaginations growing and neurotransmitter reward paths triggered. Er, I mean, I want you to have fun. Right? Right!
So this week, I want you to imagine you come across a treasure chest. The setting and circumstances are yours to invent. But you need to tell the reader what’s inside…eventually. Build up a little intensity; spice it with anticipation or season with mystery. Do your thing and we’ll read it. We’re looking forward to what the treasure chest reveals for you.
The rules are below. No winners/losers this week; we’re just swimming in the sea of creativity. Pass the conch shell, would you? I need to sharpen my pencil.
While you’re here, hit subscribe and stick around for awhile. We’d love to have you.
- Keep it PG. Pretend your great aunt Gertrude would read it and take back your Christmas gifts if she smelled even the faintest whiff of impropriety.
- No word limit this week. Just please don’t try to out write Tolstoy. I do need to sleep and eat.
- You can do descriptives, a story, whatever your imagination comes up with. Narratives might work best here but let your imagination be your guide.
- Keep it clean. Remember Aunt Gertrude. Humor is optional but nice.
- Repost on your blog to increase the fun! This is optional, but the more the merrier. I welcome the pingbacks.
You have until Friday, January 25th (11:59 pm, US EST) to make your post. Author reserves the right to approve and disapprove comments at her own discretion. I look forward to reading your adventures. 😊