Hello, Arcians. Need some fuel to write Chapter 29? Look no further. Here’s something I put together with some inspiration from Cheap Lazy Vegan. Rose made a recipe similar to this and I took it and flew.
I call it: lunch.
I use fresh ingredients and recommend this to fellow chefs. Do what your budget and time allows but using fresh produce makes a difference.
Serves two, or one if you’re really hungry. 😉
- (1) can of chickpeas
- (1) avocado that screams take me home, I’m yours
- (1) lemon 🍋
- (2) pieces of pita bread
- (1) big beautiful tomato 🍅
- A cucumber that belongs to Charlie’s Angels 🥒
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Optional: a Labrador who is oh so curious and sniffs your cooking a lot.
- Drain chickpeas and put in bowl with avocado. Smash and squish with hands. Squeeze about a half a lemon of fresh juice.
- Add in chopped tomato and cucumber. Amount is up to you. I used about a half of a cucumber and a whole tomato.
- Season to taste with sea salt, pepper, cilantro and dill. I added the dill last and did not stir it in so it could be a pretty garnish.
- Stir it up, mix it well. Let the flavors get to know each other.
- Cut up your pita bread and arrange around bowl rim. Serve with a dollop of hummus.
Beverage, you ask? Wise, you are. I recommend hot tea. You can also serve this in a wrap or between bread (toasted would be great). Experiment and have fun.
Let me know if you try it and how it helps your day! Cheers and fly on, Arcians. Ker-kaw!